- Do you homework and study the best Society6 tips online: Pricing (http://society6.com/studio/blog/Pricing-and-Categorizing-Your-Work-to-Sell), Top seller's tricks (http://society6.com/studio/blog/Tip-Top-Sellers-Secrets-Revealed), How to make money (http://www.highondesign.co.uk/use-society6-to-earn-1000-a-month/), How to be part of the community (http://auberginepurple.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/society6-selling-my-work-and-some-tips/), and go on to google some more.
- Link your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Dah, obvious! Others have also said this, but to addition I would like to offer a tip if you run into problems not getting them to work. The solution was that I logged out of Society6 and back, but logging in each time with my Twitter and/or Facebook accounts. This way the pop ups appeared asking, if S6 can create posts. Afterwards, they worked fine.
- You can only post 20 separate images on one session. And the time limit is somewhat 2 hours. So if you do posts like a image every ten minutes, you should be fine. I hit this line several times, since I was trying to post several hundreds of images. I didn't found anything online nor a help topic, but after posting that 20 images a message appeared "This page is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." I can just draw a conclusion that there is some Society6 post block on how much you can upload. Perhaps, it's a matter of server space or to block some folks to cause a traffic jam.. I haven't yet heard a reply from the customer service on this. So, go ahead and post.
- Create a visual top banner in your profile. A good tip would be to have your home pages and key contact details over there, so everybody can see them from the start. You can check mine profile for an example (http://society6.com/HenriYoki). Email and your homepage should be good.
- Be part of the community. You can follow others, can comment of others' images, you can promote others' images. Being clever on this you should go to the stream of new images (My Socity >> MORE >> NEW). It's updated flow of new images posted to S6. They are active users, so you should 1. choose what you like, 2. Go promote the image, 3. Put a real-what-you-honestly-think comment on the image, and finally 4. Follow that user. This should give you most likely new followers, since you are showing real interest toward others.
- Post great work and stay active. Yep. Simple as that.
With a recent experience in uploading my whole catalogue (300+ images) in Society6 and kicking off with my promotion, I feel I have some insights to share tips how to do this well.
About Henri Yoki
Henri is a Web and IT professional who cultivates his passion in arts and meditation.